Sunday, April 12, 2009

Projects and Toys

Random post by Kris


For almost a year now I've been working on how to build an indoor climbing wall in a garage somewhere so that we could get more practice on our rock climbing when time and/or weather wouldn't allow a trip to the cliffs. The project took on real meaning when Ryan and I decided that it was impossible for us to progress our rock climbing skills any further than they were without real training on a regular basis.

So we ordered the parts and holds online and picked up some lumber at Home Depot and set to work renovating the bat cave into our new training facility. Ryan, Danny and I do pretty good work if you ask me.








I've also been shopping for a new dirt bike for about a month. I was looking to switch from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke and upgrade a little in the power department. I've checked craigslist every 45 mins for the last month and found exactly what I was looking for, a 2000 YZF 426. After a test drive through a residential neighborhood at about 9:30 p.m. and an angry neighbor's mild scolding due the awesome sound produced by this beast of a machine I decided we were meant for one another. She's louder than an angry mother-in-law (not you Marcia, somebody else) and has enough power to peel your eyebrows off in 4th gear if you're not wearing your goggles.



2 comments:

Mina said...

ooh Husband.

francesca said...

I LOVE that Kris actually posts sometimes ... I can't even get Daniel to write in our journal when I promise sexual favors and put the book in front of him on a table with a pen next to it, much less blog. The climbing wall looks very professional ... but isn't it a little short? Aren't climbing walls supposed to be taller?

Love,
Francesca