Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Curse You, Father Time!

When Kris and I bought our first home, I was excited to have my own place to paint walls and decorate. But my biggest excitement was that we no longer had to play to a landlords rules. I could finally have a puppy! I had never had one growing up, and so this was my chance! I visited the Idaho Humane Society everyday. They pretty much knew be by name, and I was the first one aware of any newcomers.
It wasn't a full month until I came home with our black lab, Denny. Since then we have truly fallen in love with this kid. He and Kris soon became best friends.And was a perfect big brother the day we brought Roxy home. I am excited to see Truan play with both of our dogs and enjoy them as we have. As part of the family.
I can't help myself but notice the gray hairs appearing on Denny's face. He's not an old dog in anyway (only 3 years old). But it saddens me to see the gray reminders that he wont be around as long as we would like. We'll just have to enjoy all of the time we get.
We love you Denny.
Any other dog lovers out there?




On a lighter note.
The day in the park yesterday was a success!







On the back porch. They are both staring at the tennis ball. Waiting for me to throw it.

And Let's not forget crawling progress:




3 comments:

Aria said...

Oh man! Those pics are great! Truan is so fat and squishy!!! And love the shades, I need to get me a pair for Luca... where did you get yours?

francesca said...

OK, I am not a dog person and so I will nto say a word. But that is sad that he has grey hairs ... what is weird .... is that Daniel also has lots of grey hairs too - on his chest and in his hair. Should I be worried?? Maybe Denny is like Daniel and will be a gorgeous early grey, eh?? And for the rest - OH ... MY ... GOSH. That picture where Truan is cocking his head to the side is right next to the profile picture of Mina cocking her head the other direction, it cracks me up. You two are the funniest little friend, Truan and Mina ... LOL!!!

Love,
Francesca

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

Yay for Truan's crawling! I love the picture of him on the blacket at the park! Totally cute pose! As for the doggie, I totally know how that feels, I think of the day when my dog will leave and it almost brings me to tears and then I have to remember that she's not gone yet. But it's oh so sad!