Sunday, April 18, 2010

Missing Kris

Kris accepted an offer for a new job. He is working as a Territory Manager for Ecolab. With this new job, comes the requirement to fly to Minneapolis for a week for training. I hate it when Kris is gone. I cry every time.
I am lucky to have my little Truan Face to keep me entertained and busy while he is gone. But I still tear up when Truan calls for daddy when he wakes up or when he turns to me and says, "Daddy? Working?"
Before Kris left we had the Best Saturday! Kris and I spent Truan's morning naptime in the backyard, prepping the garden, pruning, clearing off and hosing down the back patio. Then we grabbed some lunch and took it to the park for a picnic. The weather was perfection! Truan had a blast going up and down slides until his fat face was pink, Kris had fun running after him and I enjoyed watching from a distance enjoying the sun! After the park, we bought our plants for our vegetable garden and planted them. For dinner we sat out on our clean back porch and roasted hot dogs on sticks over the fire (that I made!). We finished off the night by giving Truan a bath. (I just love the smell of a freshly scrubbed midget) And then Kris and I snuggled up together and watched some SNL. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day together. Which makes it that much harder to have him gone.
So if anyone knows a good book that I could lose myself in, PLEASE let me know.
Miss you babe!

Here's a few clips of yesterday (I forgot my camera at the park, so no park pics. Sorry)






"Helping" build the fire.



Stoked, Can't you tell?


"Dad, I can do it on my own!"


Kris doesn't like this picture, but I just love both of their faces in this picture!




Mmmm, enjoying the fruits of my labors!








I asked the boys to look at the camera and say cheese! This was their cheesiest.

2 comments:

Daddio and Marmie said...

Tooo cute. I love that surprised face of Truan in the bathtub. It reminds me of my favorite Drama Queen, the one and only Wooongeeeb. :) I don't know why Kris doesn't like that picture, it is so fun!!!!!!

What a wonderful day for you all. I hope Kris gets back safe and soon.

Love,

Marmie

christina clark said...

fun day, i love family days, they seem so perfect. i know when jeff gets to spend time with all of us, it doesn't matter what we are doing together, somehow it is perfect, fun and the best. i love the smell of freshly cleaned midgets too, bring that midget down here so i can squeeze him, a lot. love you