Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Babies

I am sitting in my 9th month of pregnancy and it seems as though the nesting stage has spread. This weekend, Kris decided to tear down our porch overhang. It was due to come down, considering the MDF was swollen and falling apart. (take a look at the pictures, it didn't come down in whole pieces) The project needed to be done...but 4 weeks before the baby was due? Anyway, thanks to Kris and a few friends the whole thing came down in an afternoon.
If you've read my blog each Spring, you know about the family of birds that have visited us each year and made their home in the eves of our overhang. I love them. I feel so pleased and giddy inside that they chose our back porch to make their little family. Each year, we listen for the chirping of newly hatched babies. And each year we are never disappointed.
And so they came. And they made their upgrades to the nest. And the mommy sat on her eggs, and now they're here! Snuggled so sweetly in their nest.
They had not been informed of the demolition project that took place this weekend and so we left that one eve standing on it's own. So now we have this random eve, balance upright with our doghouse and BBQ, and I'm afraid it will have to stay that way for the next 6 weeks or so, until those babies leave the nest. I am so sad to think that this may be our last Spring with this Feathery Family. Plans of rebuilding the overhang is still undecided and I'm afraid that the disturbance we've made during the tearing down, may deter these birds to come back. Even if we had a new spot for them.
SO, I took some pictures, to document our Springtime Visitors.

Note: I climbed my fat pregnant self up onto the doghouse to get these shots....that should have been documented as well. ha ha ha.


This shows how the structure came down as sawdust and NOT in whole chunks of MDF.


The lonely eve, can you see where the nest is? It's hard because it's under the shade.



Now can you see them? What are you saying? That I take bad photos? Ok.


Look at them!!


You can't tell where one ends and another begins!


So sweet.


And here's mom and dad. They sat close by and yelled at me the whole time I was taking pictures. They were NOT impressed with me taking family photos.


2 comments:

Bethany said...

mina that is awesome. I hope the little family comes back to the upgraded home. so sweet so cute.

Daddio and Marmie said...

Aaaaaaaaawwwwww, so cute and fluffy and vulnerable. Maybe they will come back.

Love,

Mom