Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

The first signs of Summer always makes me feel giddy inside. It reminds me of being little and running around in just swimsuits. I try to find reasons to be outside.
I recently found a pile of pictures of my family at the beach. Man, I am CravInG the beach!
Well today was a glorious day in Idaho. The sun was out, and no one had a need for long sleeves or sweaters! Yeah.
Truan and I debated doing yard work, or running errands. We ended up sitting on our patio furniture, throwing the ball for the puppies and enjoyed the afternoon together, like best friends do. We both played along and pretended to be sitting in front of the ocean in California. Truan would say something like, "Waves look good today, almost good enough to boogie board" and I would reply with something like, "Yes Truan, I know you want to show off your boogie boarding skills, but I'm working on my tan right now."

I was excited to try out a new salad recipe, and he was excited to sport his new sandals. Good day for everyone.
















My delicious salad, including candied pecans, strawberries and poppy seed dressing.

4 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Mmmm....everything looks yummy. From the salad, to the cute baby, to the nice weather. Yummy! Since the weather here in Portland is not so nice we imagined the beach by going to the indoor swimming pool. It almost felt like summer, until we had to walk out to our car afterwards in the rain. oh well, soon enough!

heatherann said...

Love the view of the beach!!! Wish I were there with ya!!! Love that cutie man, he's adorable!!

Alicia said...

Yummy! I had that salad when I was at a friends house when I was prego with Ammon and I have loved it ever since. its REALLY yummy! Your baby looks edible too! He is so cute!

Bethany said...

bean i love your coversations with Truan. Caome visit and we will go to the real beach and run around in swimsuits all day. Well we'll watch our children run around in swimsuits. love ya!