Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Daydream

Today I wished I was here:






Instead of here:






Most of the year we stay really busy, and I enjoy where I am. But winter rolls around and I'm suddenly slapped in the face with the reminder that I'm in Idaho!! Growing up in the Bay Area in California, I am reminded of the drive to school, huddled in the back of my cousins volvo complaining that if it was 5 degrees colder then we might see snow! I saw snow once in California, and it never touched the ground. How spoiled I was! Though I do enjoy the clean and fresh look of a new blanket of snow, I despise the frigid air that is accompanied by it.
Today, I spent a good chunk of my day, browsing through travel packages to the Bahamas. If I had the money, I would have booked an itinerary today.
Anyone else in mourning of those Sunny days chalked with sunscreen and fruity drinks?

2 comments:

Aria said...

Yes! It has felt like below zero for the past week and a half, and hasn't gotten above freezing since we came back from thanksgiving in California. Luckily I'll be living in CA for the worst part of winter. YAY! You guys don't have it that bad there! Count your blessings

Daddio and Marmie said...

Well Mina my love, we had snow on Monday and it stuck on the ground and it is still on Mt Diablo and the lower hillsides this morning. Very cold for here. I have put Christmas lights and sheets over my citrus trees the last two nights because it was in the 20's, THAT's NJ weather!!!!! It will be in the 50's today, thank heavens. Global Warming, hmmmmmmm.....seems to be more and more of a hoax every day. :)

I think I could go to that first picture today, it is cold and overcast in Richmond, CA.